White puffy thing on new LR - new pic and more info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Found this... no clue what it is. It seems to have moved a little since I put the rock in.

Attachments

• id7_470.jpg
    id7_470.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 49
No. I've moved that rock a bit and will get a better shot.

Its symmetrical, so I'm guessing its an invert of some sort.

Also-it's not actually moving. Its waving in the current a bit, its soft, like an anenome, but it looks like its attached at the spot its in.

Attachments

• id8_206.jpg
    id8_206.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 38
Could be a soft coral. Give it some time to mature and see what happens. The first pic almost looks like xenya after you cut the stalks off but when you said it moved, my first thought was slug. lol Give a week or so and maybe post an updated pic then.

It didn't so much move, as shifted, but I realize now what looks like the base is attached, and the rest of it just kinda move over a bit ;)

Bubble coral... high light requirements? Its on the underside of the rock, more or less, which is covered with some nice shrooms, as seen in the pic below. Should I re-orient the rock to give it more light?

Id does seriously look like this found at the top of this page:

http://whozoo.org/Intro2001/stepchro/SDC_BubbleCoral3.html

I see now on LiveAquaria that it can sting nearby corals. Are my shrooms in danger?

Attachments

• id9_138.jpg
    id9_138.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 47
If it is a bubble coral, i don't think your shrooms will have any problem. Bubble's sweepers are a joke... not even half an inch long... I wonder why it even has "sweeper" tentacles lol

Still wondering if I can break that part of the rock off, so I can position it in a better place. I've got a couple shrooms on the other side of that rock which are pretty hidden away, and not lit very well at all, to expose the bubble coral.

Its filled out some more - 5 or 6 polyps now.

I've snapped off the bit of rock it was on, and glued it to a larger separate piece. Of course it shrivelled up as soon as it came out of the water, I hope it comes back...

Update: Its been moved to my fuge - one of my fish, probably the parrotfish, took a bite out of it, and left about half of it. If it was larger that wouldn't have happened, but anything that'll fit in the parrotfish's mouth is open game.

Hope it makes it...

Attachments

• id10_114.jpg
    id10_114.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 22
Back
Top Bottom