White Spot Suddenly Appear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta_Lover97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I just came back from my vacation and found a white spot on my betta's head. Also, his fins. Are those fin rot? I don't know. The rest of his fins are kinda straight, but a few are not, just like those that I circled.

I was wondering if anyone can help me see if he has ick, or any other disease. IMG_5666.jpgIMG_5672.jpgIMG_5683.jpgIMG_5688.jpg

It doesn't look like ick to me. The tips of the bettas fins don't look especially healthy. It's hard to determine what the white spot on top of his head is. Could be nothing more than a minor scrape injury. Your bettas coloration is dark. If he gets an ick infestation you will very easily see salt like parasites attached all over his body. Keep your weekly 25% WC' s going and feed very sparingly. Keeping your water quality high will allow the betta to heal. Hope this helps.

My red betta got a white spot in the exact same spot on his head just after I got him. I watched him for a bit just in case, but no other spots appeared and I figured he bumped it or scraped it on something. It went away after a bit. I wonder if it's a stress thing?

It doesn't look like ick to me. The tips of the bettas fins don't look especially healthy. It's hard to determine what the white spot on top of his head is. Could be nothing more than a minor scrape injury. Your bettas coloration is dark. If he gets an ick infestation you will very easily see salt like parasites attached all over his body. Keep your weekly 25% WC' s going and feed very sparingly. Keeping your water quality high will allow the betta to heal. Hope this helps.

Oh okay. I'll keep that in mind.

My red betta got a white spot in the exact same spot on his head just after I got him. I watched him for a bit just in case, but no other spots appeared and I figured he bumped it or scraped it on something. It went away after a bit. I wonder if it's a stress thing?

I have him for about 2 weeks now. Probably. I left him for 4 days in that yucky tank. He has only that 7 days food block thing, but I doubt he ate any.

Back
Top Bottom