White spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thribz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my cichlids came down with white spot last week. I upped the temp to 30 degrees which is the temp the white spot can't multiply at. I have medicated the tank for the 3 days it says and I have only had the lights on minimal amounts and I added aquarium salt.

The white spots have disappeared but they are still itching on the sand. It was a week yesterday that I started treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using

I feel like you're doing too much. Did the medicine say to increase the temperature to 30? Usually the highest medications recommend is 27.7. Most people choose either medication, or using the heat method. Sometimes the heat with salt.

I'd say keep doing the heat treatment, 30 degrees, and let it run for another week at that temperature. Be sure to be doing constant vacuumings of the substrate and keep water conditions pristine. After this next week of heat see if they are still scratching against stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I feel like you're doing too much. Did the medicine say to increase the temperature to 30? Usually the highest medications recommend is 27.7. Most people choose either medication, or using the heat method. Sometimes the heat with salt.

I'd say keep doing the heat treatment, 30 degrees, and let it run for another week at that temperature. Be sure to be doing constant vacuumings of the substrate and keep water conditions pristine. After this next week of heat see if they are still scratching against stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes. I'd follow along with this plan 100%.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Thank you for the advice. Much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using

Back
Top Bottom