white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tima121

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello my black skirt tetra suddenly have this white small thing under the mouth. What is this? It eats and swim fine. I have put in melafix in it just to be safe it is fungus or something. I'm just curious if its anything to worry about? I know my water is cloudy it always have been. Can never get it clear. I do water changes every 2 -3 weeks. And it is more cloudy because I put medication and cloudy water solution in it. Everything is fine ammonia is fine nitrates fine. Temp fine at 80.

Attachments

• 20200605_115956.jpg
    20200605_115956.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200605_120008.jpg
    20200605_120008.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hello my black skirt tetra suddenly have this white small thing under the mouth. What is this? It eats and swim fine. I have put in melafix in it just to be safe it is fungus or something. I'm just curious if its anything to worry about? I know my water is cloudy it always have been. Can never get it clear. I do water changes every 2 -3 weeks. And it is more cloudy because I put medication and cloudy water solution in it. Everything is fine ammonia is fine nitrates fine. Temp fine at 80.

looks like a small fungal infection on his lower lip. I think melafix and clean water should do the trick. Fungal infections are typically not really contagious and are more about a single fish being compromised.

Thanks. When I use the melafix I dont take out the carbon filter because my tank will get dirty with debris. But thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom