White spots on my poylps (UPDATE PIC)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
The new poylps I got have gotten a couple of thick white places on it. What could this be?

Also will cyno that covers a few poylps kill them?

All levels are good. 0/0/0/8.2

I read somewhere that polyps develop whitespots when they get more lighting than they require or overexposure to light. Where did you place your polyps? I wish I can link you to that article. I was reading up on Yellow Polyps.

Here is a pic. I blew the white stuff off with a little sirenge yesterday, but today it is back. What is it?? 8O

Thanks for the info evenings! :wink:

Also evenings I did not acclimate them to the lights. What a dummy! :roll:

Revhtree I have seen this before. It is a kind of fungus that comes in on certian zoo's usually pink ones. I dont think this particular problem is caused by light acclimation, but rather something brought in with them. On the colony that I had that was affected like this I just kept blowing them off and put them in a higher flow area. I lost a part of the colony but it survived and multipled.

Mike

Ok, I will kep blowing it off, and I will put it in a higher flow area. Thanks so much! :wink:

PS. Can that fungus spread to other corals?

it didnt happen to me, it stayed with the pink zoo colony. but that is just what happened to me.

mike

Just an update. I kept blowing the white stuff off, and eventually it went away, after killing 75% of the poylps. Today I am happy to report that the poylps have come back in full force, and are multiplying daily! :wink:

Here is a pic:

Back
Top Bottom