White things in my fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Honcho

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently, I've noticed these white, rice like, things growing in my fuge. There are mangroves and cheato in there and I have noticed some Copepods walking along the glass. They white growths seem to be on the groves and the glass. Do they have anything to do with the pods? If not, what are they?

Attachments

• image-3823085554.jpg
    image-3823085554.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 96
My tank must be VERY healthy as my sump is almost completely covered in them. I took out my skimmer last night and they were everywhere. Can you have TOO many? Does anything eat them?

Thanks for any additional information. :)

no. you can't have too many, and sponge predators may eat them, but i don't know if you want to go out of your way to get one of those. i wouldn't worry about them in your sump. sumps aren't supposed to be pretty!

I want my new sump for the 90g to be pretty though. My 125g sump drives me nuts. It looks so messy and dirty. takes all my willpower not to scrub the coralline off the walls. lol

Are these the things butterfly fish eat? sponges?

i don't think there's any such thing as a pretty and functional sump. i suppose a butterfly may eat those. i'm not sure if their is a specific sponge they like...

Back
Top Bottom