Who else hates autocorrect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Love my iPhone and my iPad, but it seems this hobby will cause autocorrect to make you look like an idiot every time you post something. I need it most every other time, I guess I just need to get in the habit of proof reading before I post.

Haah! Feel sorry for me! I use iMac, iPad, and iPod! It's a nightmare! I put that your not allowed to bump threads and it autocorrected it into something rude! Sometimes it helps me , other times it just annoys me. It doesn't know the names of any fish IE: Cories, Gouramis .

It seems easy enough to just turn it off and type things out, or is that not an option on Apple products?

Seems rather sad if they assume their userbase is too inept to convey English in a useable manner.

MrPillow said:
It seems easy enough to just turn it off and type things out, or is that not an option on Apple products?

Seems rather sad if they assume their userbase is too inept to convey English in a useable manner.

It's possible, it's just buried in 2 or 3 levels of settings. Apples motto is "it just works"!which is cool, but a pain if you want it not to work every now and then.

My auto correct rarely helps me. :/ it normally makes me want to throw my iPod at a wall...

After a while ipads and iphones actually learn new words if you type them enough. Use to really bug me but after a while it autocorrects to the correct word. My problem is if I spell a word wrong enough times then when I do spell it right it corrects to the wrong spelling :facepalm:

Yeah. I go on the warrior cat forums a lot, and it always has trouble with the names when I RP, but eventually it learns them.

It's definitely an irritation sometimes. I like it until it makes me say something stupid. The biggest irritation with using it on the forum is fish names. Even once it learns them it insists on autocapitalizing them.

....I can instantly turn auto correct off, or add a new word to the dictionary by long pressing it on my android...;p

Back
Top Bottom