Who uses PVC, i have a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

billberet

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just realized my PVC has bar codes on them.
is this going to be a problem, does anyone else have PVC with barcodes on them? or did you scratch them off. they look like ink, but will only come off if grinded off. If you look at my image of one of my tanks, you will see the outtake still has the barcode on it.

anyone leave their barcodes on?

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 70
Not really an issue, but if you wish, you can take all that off by using the PVC cleaner.

thanks for the quick reply, i was starting to get stressed, lol
you know, you prepare for months, every detail covered, then in the end you just happen to see something you that missed and your like , 'WHAAAAAT!?!?!'
lol

thanks again

I painted my PVC with black Krylon Fusion... made it look a thousand times better. But as far as the bar code... I'd agree it's a non issue... the pvc in my sump and refugium have bar codes on them and aren't painted.

the black is a great idea, i was going to wrap the pvc to hide the 'white'
you had no issues with black Krylon Fusion?

you didn't have to seal it or anything, it's safe to put IN the tank?
or did you just use the paint on the outside pipes?

thanks
bill

I didn't paint the inside of the pvc, if that's what you're asking... but I painted everything visible from the front of the tank. Just let it cure real good. I've always let mine cure for a couple days and never had an issue. Some people have had issues with the krylon fusion peeling, but it seems that those issues arise from not allowing the paint to fully cure before submerging.

I've used krylon fusion for under water applications in my tanks for well over a year now with no issues to date.

gotcha,

i was referring to putting the painted pipe 'inside' the tank not inside the pipe itself. that's great, i'll make sure to give it enough cure time.
2 days to be safe should be fine..

Back
Top Bottom