Why do danios have to have the ability to jump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't find another one of my danios, one of my zebras this time... it's like no where in the tank...*Digs around*

*sigh* it's alright this isn't the first one to decide to commit suicide on me X.x.... *hug back*

I know but I can't buy one til I get more money *sulks back into water and blows bubbles*

* :oops: wasn't aware you were bathing*hehe. I assume you've informed your mother that your fish are dying? Maybe...just maybe she'd loan you a little money for a hood, since she wouldn't let you buy the kit aquarium which would have come with a hood. It's sorta kinda her fault...if presented correctly you may gain a loan.

Maybe haha. I dont know why they're jumping out but then again my fish like to splash the surface randomly... so I probably figured they were just being them and went on watching tv.

You could temporarily put seran wrap over the tank. Not the entire tank. But about 3/4 of it. It will give the same effect as a hood, temporarily.

I could try that....but if my grandpa starts going *puts on old person voice* "Where the heck did all my seran wrap go?" I'll be like..... "I DIDN'T DO ITTTT!!!!"

It won't take much seran wrap to cover the top of the tank. Plus, it will save more fish form jumping to their deaths.

Eh, seran wrap and tin foil...my two worst enemies. The seran wrap always stickt to itself and becoms useless, and I always manage to rip the tinfoil.

I made a DIY cover. I went to homedepot and spent $8.00 on a 21" x 21" peice of 1/4in ridgig plastic, put it over my tank and traced it, then took a saw to it. I just put my lights on top of it. It works great! Just make custom holes for the equipment, my cuts are so tight to my equipment that my danios have no room to jump out.

hehe, I like that idea :D

What about finding where the open areas are and using clingwrap or something similar to cover those holes??

Back
Top Bottom