Why do danios have to have the ability to jump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't you cut a piece of cardboard to fit the top of the tank for now. You could just tack tape it down on each side. At least the fish couldn't jump out and it is easy to cut the cardboard to fit around filters etc. JMO

thank ya! Can't take crdit for it, I found it on www.deviantart.com where they have tons of work that is available for use as avatars, desktops, etc... I love your kitty though :D

*hands the thread back to its rightful owner*

I did the $8 deal becasue I didn't want to buy the $50 hood for my aquarium :) If you need a cheaper DYI, i'd go with the plastic wrap.

Not only do Danios like to jump, they are real hyper about it too. When mine know it is time for food they will jump at my fingers . . . if I'm teasing them :lol:

My glass hood is definately helpful.

I didn't see them at my fish store either. I had to ask. They had them hidden so it might be good to call around and see if they have any :)

I put plastic wrap on it and i had a fight with it >_< first piece i cut just to make it and the second piece was too long and my fish tried to eat the parts that dipped into the water and my mollies and the danios splash the water when I shut the lights off so I was sitting in the dark, hoping none of them got out.... lol

Danio jumped to his death last night

Well, one of my danios wanted to commit suicide, apparently. It must have jumped out when I was feeding him last night cause he was only a little dried out this morning and there is no way out of the tank except when the cover is open for feeding.

First fish death in over 6 months so I am actually pretty happy that we have gone this long without having to explain fishy mishaps to the kids. :)

I've never seen a glass hood, where abouts can one find a glass hood?
I've never seen them called hoods, but covers and you need to ask for them--relatively cheap as I recall.

*edit: This topic is 8 months old and has probaby been resolved.

Back
Top Bottom