Why me....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkpate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so as most of you know, between me and the actual fish I have, I am suprised that they are still alive!
Gimli- (before he passed) got stuck between a rock and the glass...
Elvis- Went thru the cycle, was sick because of my stupidity, has a deformed fin he came with.
Diablo- Got ich 2 days after I brought him home
Gun- Had some sort of weird junk on his tail that I never figured out what it was, but it went away with clean water.
She and Spot- Were both undernourished when I got them with fin rot, but are now both really good with clean water treatments.
Lucy and Ethel- Had some sort of fungus when I brought them home. Fixed that with Melafix.
6 Loaches- Never, ever had a problem, they are fantastic.
4 Endler's Hybrids- Funny fish, very busy, never any problems.
4 Mystery Snails- 2 have died, (don't know why), and one is the size of a golf ball now and the other one hasn't grown at all.
Willow- Today I wake up, and I look for him because I just moved him back into the cleaned 75G, and he had somehow wedged himself in the "eggcrate" type stuff I have as a lid. He was face down, (which if he wasn't he would have been dead), and I had to get him out of there! I have no idea how long he was stuck, nor how he got stuck the way he did. He was kind of crooked for a while, but is swimming fine and eating, but a little dark...Good lawd! These fish are going to be the death of me! I moved him back into the 20 community, but then had to go to work. Any suggestions, besides just keeping an eye on him? Thanks. :)

how far away are you from Spokane Valley?

other then keep a eye on it there is little to do. maybe some smaller egg create so he cant get stuck.

I am about 120 miles from the Valley.

I don't know why he tried to jump up thru it! He has been fine for months, but of course his buddy Elvis wasn't in there either, just him. It was almost like he was trying to swim "upstream" in the filter flow, and it pushed him on top of the crate, and he tried to swim back down. :( Dang fish.

drives you nuts.... on the other fish i was going to say i know a good store in that area.... it helps when you start out with healthy fish. you can make a diffuser for the hob. it will keep the fish out.

I have seen a website for that store, but no inventory listing, so I thought it might just be saltwater. Slim pickins here in this area! :(

LOL, I know it helps to have healthy fish LOLOLOL! Geez....:D This is the first time he has tried to go up it, I think he was bored and lonely, since that was the first time he has ever been in a tank alone. Uggh....It sucks, because something always happens on the days I have to work!

Nah, Elvis is pullin thru! He's a trooper! Still doesn't eat much, but he eats enough. He is still in the 20G community. :)

I have seen a website for that store, but no inventory listing, so I thought it might just be saltwater. Slim pickins here in this area! :(

LOL, I know it helps to have healthy fish LOLOLOL! Geez....:D This is the first time he has tried to go up it, I think he was bored and lonely, since that was the first time he has ever been in a tank alone. Uggh....It sucks, because something always happens on the days I have to work!
what store am i talking about? lol

aquarium solutions?

i know there other stores in the area so that why i wasnt sure how you knew it was the same one i am thinking of lol

I just looked that one up, and they have more than the other one I was looking at. I might have to check them out, when I decide I need more fish. :D

see.... i was asking my self how do you know the exact store i was thinking about lol

tell her i sent you.

Sorry to hear about all the fish troubles but kinda glad to know I'm not the only one who believes that sometimes, they just float around and try to come up with any way to stress or upset the hand that feeds them. . . or maybe I am the only one. Glad you found the little guy when you did!

Sorry to hear about all the fish troubles but kinda glad to know I'm not the only one who believes that sometimes, they just float around and try to come up with any way to stress or upset the hand that feeds them. . . or maybe I am the only one. Glad you found the little guy when you did!

No kidding! I am too! He couldn't have been there for more than an hour or so, THANKFULLY!

Gamer~ I will :)

On the good side though: Elvis is now searching for food, and I don't have to shove the doser down by his face! He is actually coming up to the surface again! YAYYYYYY! That's my BOYYYYY!!!!!!! :p:D

glad to hear there pulling thru when i was a kid i had a goldie that got his tail niped off within a week of being in the tank, his tail grew back really long and pritty, about 3month later he got his tail stuck in the filter screen, not sure for how long he was there when i turned on the lite in the morning, after that he was good for about 6 more months then i found him about 4in the morning on my way to the bathroom, on the floor, under the arch of my foot, i pickid him up (he was leathery and stiff but moving a lil) and put him back in the tank and he survived another 2years untill i had a heater malfuntion(water was 108) when he passed he was about 6in long with a tail that was almost 6in long so fish can be troopers and very tough i stillhave bad luck with buying healthy fish

Oh man! What a tough goldie!!! Holy cow! I knew they were tough, but not THAT tough! :O

Elvis is supposed to be one of the most sensitive fish (Black Ghost Knifefish), and now that I have had him, and he has gone thru all of my stupidity, I am beginning to think differently! :D

I cant give you much but i would say, along with the other posters finding a good LFS that has healthy fish is key. Some fish can hold onto the diseases longer than you think and by the time they get home and into the beautiful tank.....well you know, so try to find a good spot...oh and BTW i was born not far from the valley..haha

;) Because Idaho is close to the Valley. A lot of St. Maries people used to come here for the hydroplane races we used to have. I think they still have them, just not on Down River Days. :)

Back
Top Bottom