Why not!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bovbov

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I tested some water, everythings perfect my 2 galons mature and been set up for a month, I have a moss ball 1 live plant and java moss. Acording to the pet shop my tanks too young for shrimp, come back in 5 months apparently!!??? Advice???

I had ghost shrimp in my 10g tank and it was 1 1/2 month old!
BTW the reason i said had and not have is bc the fish ate it. LOL!

Bovbov said:
Ok so I tested some water, everythings perfect my 2 galons mature and been set up for a month, I have a moss ball 1 live plant and java moss. Acording to the pet shop my tanks too young for shrimp, come back in 5 months apparently!!??? Advice???

I don't see y u cant have shrimps.. As long as u provide good water with good flow and aeration. Maybe ur Lfs was picking at ur age? Haha

Hubert90 said:
I don't see y u cant have shrimps.. As long as u provide good water with good flow and aeration. Maybe ur Lfs was picking at ur age? Haha

Haha good one but the fact is I'm just a kid so they probally were :/!

What kind of shrimp?

My LFS is making me wait on GSP (freshly cycled tank), but told me a ghost shrimp tank doesn't need to be cycled (which I would anyway) because the bioload is too small to support a bacteria colony. But then again, they are going to be feeders for my GSP :p.

I agree that most shrimp can be added earlier.

It depends on the type of shrimp.

Also, I agree that age has nothing to do with knowledge. I'm thirteen and people pm me on here for help all the time. I've even had real experts say that I know a lot, and I impressed them. If you know your stuff, then age doesn't matter. (I'm not bragging, I don't brag, I was just trying to prove my point.)

I agree that most shrimp can be added earlier.

It depends on the type of shrimp.

Also, I agree that age has nothing to do with knowledge. I'm thirteen and people pm me on here for help all the time. I've even had real experts say that I know a lot, and I impressed them. If you know your stuff, then age doesn't matter. (I'm not bragging, I don't brag, I was just trying to prove my point.)

Ya when i go to the LFS the workers will ask me to help a customer! :) It's pretty awkward.

My plan is to get bumblebee shrimp, but the shop I went to only sell ghosties and say come back In 5 months!!! The bumblebee shrimp are from a different shop but I went down the road for a test (this is a big chain) the bumblebees are from a family run garden centere ;)

Ya it's pretty funny. Once I over heard my Lfs talking to a customer about goldfish! Geez i swear they don't even know what they are talkin about

My plan is to get bumblebee shrimp, but the shop I went to only sell ghosties and say come back In 5 months!!! The bumblebee shrimp are from a different shop but I went down the road for a test (this is a big chain) the bumblebees are from a family run garden centere ;)

For ghost shrimp? I get mine for .08 each. Maybe they have hybrid flying ghosties lol.

@ Fishman13: You can put 3 Goldfish in a 10g tank, The picture on the box shows it's OK :ROFLMAO: :facepalm: .

Mr. Limpet said:
For ghost shrimp? I get mine for .08 each. Maybe they have hybrid flying ghosties lol.

@ Fishman13: You can put 3 Goldfish in a 10g tank, The picture on the box shows it's OK :ROFLMAO: :facepalm: .

HAHAHA!! O u are hilarious!!

Back
Top Bottom