Wierd Stuff On duncan Coral....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok I am really thinking about taking this tank down. Something is very wrong. Tank has been up for years but recently after a water change most of my corals are pissed off. frogspawn won't open up, Hammers stay closed and Torch won't extend. I'm not a rookie but it seems like after I used this Brute trash can everything went to hell. Now all of a sudden my duncan colony I have had for over 6 years with 40 heads on it has this strange yellow crusty substance coming out of it. It's on every Polyp. It hasn't been out for a few days either but I can see this powdery yellow stuff on all the heads. It's not "Jelly like" And it's real hard to blow off. I swear I am just ready to give up. Tank isn't even beautiful anymore.

I used four new /rinsed brute cans when I moved a 120 from NJ to NY to refill.
I use brutes still today(not new).
After setting up the tank(7 years old ) I let it run for a couple days then added a new fish(royal gramma).
It died in a day or two...
Did it again, dead again????
I ran a large amount of carbon on the tank thinking LIKE YOU that the brute had something that leached....
Next fish lived and never another trouble....
Have you tried running carbon?

Sorry your tank is failing.

Here is a pic of the stuff I was talking about. It's not slimy at all.
2zp6o2r.jpg

Do a coral dip and see what comes off.

Dipped it in revive but nothing came off. The yellow stuff can be blown off but it takes alot to blow it off. I feed mysis so I'm sure it's not food. Been closed up for 5 days now.

What are your parameters is there any chance the waterchange has caused some kind of swing what's your

Calcium
Alk
PH
Magnesium
SG
Temp
Nitrate
Phosphate

Back
Top Bottom