Wild life photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FM's would look good in your tank. Petco has a 20% off sale on them today in Tulsa,

I think I would pee just a little if I saw a group of kangaroo in the side of the road. Just a little....

I must admit there is nothing like driving down the highway at 100km or 60mile(?) an hour, go around a bend and realise there were some double that size that luckily just decided to stay put....

OMGG, now that's what I am talking about, finally!!! Hooray!

There are a few towns around here, like Boulder, Colorado, where they are in the mountains or foothills, where last week I was visiting a shop and LFS and a Mule deer was just walking along the street in a neighborhood of homes. See Antelope when in the plains and also driving out to Denver International Airport. Up the mountain it is Elk, just walking up the streets in Estes Park, town right before going into Rocky Mountain National park. See them almost every time.

I know :)

It’s taken forever and then there was just a heap of them - surprised the photo worked, I had to zoom right in. Normally they just keep going (unlike the city mall pigeons that don’t move for anything and look like they eat shoes for breakfast).

Saw this squirrel hanging out in the tree earlier for about an hour. Then it plunked down and looked so, very tired! And it sat there while I cleaned the kitchen.

Old thread but the same topic so reviving - anyone with fun pics load them up!

60074-albums14653-picture72599.jpg

Nice! I saw a pair over a week ago all you can see is tiny specks in the pics though, lol. But after a few minutes they got chased away by another smaller bird.

A couple days ago after doing a day of work chopping trees and yard work at my daughter's house. I got my car parked, opened the door and let out the little dog and found my stuff to bring inside.

As I got out walked toward the garage door looking for the dog as a Peregrine Falcon swooped next to him and landed in my tree for a minute. He flew between my SUV and the garage doors.

Not sure if the Falcon thought the dog was too big to grab, was startled by me walking around the corner or the wind caught him when he got to the corner!!!

Rusty, happy he made it!

60074-albums14653-picture72600.jpg

Parent Robin guarding the nest
60074-albums14653-picture72603.jpg

60074-albums14653-picture72602.jpg

And Mourning dove eggs which are actually pale pink! Parent flew off!
60074-albums14653-picture72601.jpg

I have a confession. I basically killed the entire population of birds on are property.... I stole all their egg from te nest one year. And started throwing the eggs at the ground. :( I know I'm a murderer but the birds kept waking me up in the morning at nigt so I "got rid of them". That's my horrible wild life

We had a Purple house finch fledgling baby hopping around today. Had to get the other dog out of the yard or it would have wanted to chomp it. It's parent birds were in the tree right next to it. We looked later and it was gone, must have had enough energy finally to fly.

Still can’t post photos, but we have loads of birds, squirrels, lizards in our yard and one regular opossum visitor.

Back
Top Bottom