Will he live?:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was cleaning my tank and he swam up the intake airline tube. When I reversed the flow, he came back out. His scales are gone in the front, and he can wiggle. After about 5 minutes, he tried to swim but he just fell back down. Right now he's just resting in my hand. I don't see any other damage than the scales missing. Will he make it? Is there anything I can do for Tails? I really really hope he dosent pass, he's my best betta buddy:(

View attachment 86732

View attachment 86729

View attachment 86730

View attachment 86731

Aww austin...sorry bro! It happens, and it isnt your fault.

I think he should do fine, regardless of the scales. Bettas are tough, and ive heard of this happening before. Clean water and possibly prima/ meta flex

Aw poor betta :( im sorry to hear that! I would try and put him in a place with no flow so he doesnt get beat up by the filter flow or anything! Good luck man!

Mumma.of.two said:
Poor fella! Keep his water really clean and maybe lower the water level so he doesn't have so far to travel.

I will lower the water level now, thank you:)

Gboy66 said:
Aww austin...sorry bro! It happens, and it isnt your fault.

I think he should do fine, regardless of the scales. Bettas are tough, and ive heard of this happening before. Clean water and possibly prima/ meta flex

Thank you so much:) is prima/mela fix for parasites? Will this affect the other fish in the tank?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Aw poor betta :( im sorry to hear that! I would try and put him in a place with no flow so he doesnt get beat up by the filter flow or anything! Good luck man!

Yeah, i turned down the filter so it's trickling only. Thank you so much!:)

Austin.b said:
Thank you so much:) is prima/mela fix for parasites? Will this affect the other fish in the tank?

Ive heard its good for outside infections, and rips/tears.

Mumma.of.two said:
I wouldn't bother with the melafix or pimafix. Pimafix actually contains clove oil :nono: and melafix is deadly at a full dose for bettas.

Ok, I won't add any, thank you for the help:)

Sorry I am no expert

I was told you should never touch your fish as they will burn?

Is that right information I was told by the LFS or wrong ?

Burn? As in you burn the fish? That won't happen but if you have dry hands you can damage the slime coat. Or if you have hand cream or something on them you can poison the fish.

to be honest.....my hands are pretty soft lol right now hes just relaxing on the floating cabomba:) i just wanted to say thank you everyone for your help, it is greatly appreciated! :flowers:

He's possibly super worn out after his adventure. I have to watch my betta as he's become really inquisitive and tried to get sucked up yesterday! :)

Austin.b said:
I was cleaning my tank and he swam up the intake airline tube. When I reversed the flow, he came back out. His scales are gone in the front, and he can wiggle. After about 5 minutes, he tried to swim but he just fell back down. Right now he's just resting in my hand. I don't see any other damage than the scales missing. Will he make it? Is there anything I can do for Tails? I really really hope he dosent pass, he's my best betta buddy:(

Sorry about your buddy and i hope he is doing better. This is kind of off topic so i apologize but what kind of filter do you have? I have never seen or heard of a filter where you can reverse flow or adjust flow at all. Again i hope he is doing better

Tcal01 said:
Sorry about your buddy and i hope he is doing better. This is kind of off topic so i apologize but what kind of filter do you have? I have never seen or heard of a filter where you can reverse flow or adjust flow at all. Again i hope he is doing better

I think austin is refering to a syphon maybe? He was using one to clean the tank. Pulling it out of the water will reverse the flow

Gboy66 said:
I think austin is refering to a syphon maybe? He was using one to clean the tank. Pulling it out of the water will reverse the flow

Oh OK. But i still haven't heard of a filter where u can control flow

i would say maybe some small doses of melafix if he doesnt get better soon. just do a fifth of the normal dose (so if its 5ml only do 1ml) i have a betta and inverts and all of them are still fine after being dosed. my betta got scared the other day and managed to bump himself about and looked like he had some scratches, i put 1ml of melafix in on that day (none since) and the mark has gone and he looks all happy again

Back
Top Bottom