Will LR spread to base rock ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OceanMist

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was curious, will live rock 'spread' to base rock (tufa) if i had say 50% each rock.

If so how long may this process take ??

TIA :D

the bacteria will spread in a matter of hours in the right conditions.

be sure you do what you can to keep your coraline alive. Frequent water changes (about 10% of the total water volume a week) will replace vital nutrients and keep nitrates low.

Its essential. I let my tank go waaaaaaaaaay to long between water changes, and as a result I lost probibly half of my coraline growth.

be sure you do what you can to keep your coraline alive. Frequent water changes (about 10% of the total water volume a week) will replace vital nutrients and keep nitrates low.

I dont think that is necessary with proper lighting and supplements being added. Depends if your adding calcium and other supplements, and what kind of lighting you have

I added 50/50 base & LR. I kept my Alkalinity and Calcium up, along with some Coraline additives, and the base rock has begun to grow Coraline in about a month. I used Purple Up and Coraline Stimulator. Hope this helps, and good luck!!!!

Back
Top Bottom