will my tank bow and break

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmdavies

Aquarium Advice FINatic
got a new tank, the design of the tank has 2 holes in the bottom for better access to the filter. the tank has a rim around the under side so only the very outer edges of the tank touch my cabinet, i am assuming if i had bought the cabinet that was originaly designed for the tank the whole cabinet would support the underneath of the tank but because i bought my own cabinet it doesnt. when i fill it with all the water and deco's will this bow the glass on the underside of the tank and smash do you think? should i put a support under thank so the whole bottom surface of the tank is in contact with the cabinet. the tank is a fluval roma 240

Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - tmdavies's Album: My Tank - Picture

Don't worry about it. Tanks with bottom rims and raised bottom glass are designed to support the weight of what's in the tank. If you try to support the raised glass bottom, you could actually cause a problem.

Back
Top Bottom