will this cabinet support

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need to know if I could put a 36 gallon bow front tank on this cabinet... the tank filled weighs about 400 pounds. The top part of the counter has 1 inch thick wood, and the cabinet is built into the wall.

I need to know if I could put a 36 gallon bow front tank on this cabinet... the tank filled weighs about 400 pounds. The top part of the counter has 1 inch thick wood, and the cabinet is built into the wall.
So, this is not sceintific, but the way I test things ike this is to get me and some friends to all sit on it and see if it creaks. Start with one person, and keep adding people until you are confident one way or the other.

absolutangel04 said:
So, this is not sceintific, but the way I test things ike this is to get me and some friends to all sit on it and see if it creaks. Start with one person, and keep adding people until you are confident one way or the other.

Lol ok ill try it! (Seriously I will)

Lol ok ill try it! (Seriously I will)
Lol, yeah, my friends gave me ridiculous looks when I said, "Can you sit on this? I don't know if it will collapse or not." But, they did it! Oh yeah, and ask boys if you can because girls may get offended. ;)

Lol, yeah, my friends gave me ridiculous looks when I said, "Can you sit on this? I don't know if it will collapse or not." But, they did it! Oh yeah, and ask boys if you can because girls may get offended. ;)
i will ask my neighbor who i hang out with a lot, and my brother.. and maybe my mom. lol

yea thats how i determine if something is strong enough for a tank. i also bounce on it a little to see

Personally, I only purchase furniture specifically designed for aquariums. For peace of mind.

Whilst the weight may be safe. Not all wood will react to water the same way. And some wood are weaker when wet.

as long as its not particle board. you can buy a laminate that you use for countertops

Back
Top Bottom