Wish I got them before - Oto.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvijay07

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got 3 Otto's today. They cleanedup a good portion of my 20G tank filled with algae fast !! Very convenient indeed. :D :lol: :D

Vijay

my oto don't work nearly as good on visible algae as my pleco do ... but I always see the otos cleaning leaves and other tank fixtures regularly,

I don't think the scrape as hard as plecos, so they just keep the algae mowed but not scrubed off

-----

the pleco on the other hand scrubs a bit hard sometimes, likes to kill my sword leaves

I got them because they were "the best algea cleaners ever" and wouldn't destroy any plants according to my online research on biotopes and biospheres. They must think of algae as a plant. One site went as far as showing a comparison (the link is now broken, but you can see a brief description here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=otocinclus+24+hours ) Unfortunately, I share the frustration of D9HP, because the sites neglected to mention where that :censor: on switch is :lol: . Maybe you need to pull a fin down a certain way or something? (don't worry, I'm not going to try :D ) I like my cory cats much better, they eat the garbage which then keeps the nitrates down, which then reduces the algae produced. My cory cats have much more personality too.

Back
Top Bottom