Worm on Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goodnoughgreg

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I'm new to this site and need some help.. I have a 75gal tank and I just cAught a sun fish and he has a large whitish tan worm on his fin that's about an inch long. I've been watching the fish and it seams that the worm has moved a little and at first it looked like both sided of the worm keep sticking to the fish than one side comes loose but one stays. Also I'm not sure if it's just bc what he eats in the wild but his poop is very weird it has white strings in it and basically looks like dirt. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Just guess here (a pic would help) but the worm sounds like a leech. You can try a salt bath but I'm really not sure how your wild-caught fish would handle this because I have no experience keeping these guys. I can tell you from experience though, leeches are difficult to remove & you do not want them in your tank- one turns into zillions quite quickly. Hopefully, someone with experience with your fish can help further!

Thanks jk for your quick response an I didn't even think of a leech but I'm always In the lake where I caught it and never had a leech. I was just about to take a pic and Its gone. Idk I hope it's not reproducing right now or something

Also I forgot to mention my fish has white spots on him which isn't ich i dont think theres like 3 total spots that are larger than any ich I've seen

Back
Top Bottom