Worming fish??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robynleigh

Aquarium Advice Freak
So being (reasonably) new back into fish keeping - I just had a thought as I was worming the kids and cats lol - is there a way to worm fish???!!!

There certainly is. Medicated food is commonly used to clear out a fishes digestive tract of parasites. Metronidazole is my fav to use.

Cool, these fish definitely need to be done as they were given to me with the tank which was in bad shape!! Is that something u can just get from the LFS?

I got some from my lfs but its a privately owned one and has harder to find items. It won't be sold at chain stores.

You could try buying it online which would probably save you money too. There's recipes to make it that you can find but that's another thing I haven't tried. Just be careful when feeding it. If you feed it to them for too long it can cause damage to their internal organs. I will have to get you a timeline for that on Monday when my lfs is open because I can't remember off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom