WORMS? Help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help!! My fish tank is 5 years old and I've been having snail problems. So I'm changing the entire gravel. They are the small pest trumpet snails. This is a 36 gallon. I am keeping 20 gallons of water.
As I was emptying out the last of the gravel I Flippin found worms. I am freaking out please help! Where on earth did these come from???? I haven't added new fish for over 2 years. Here's a pic
They are covered in laterite I don't think they are that brown.
Please help I am.mid change!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429392612376.jpg
    1429392612376.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 1429392628607.jpg
    1429392628607.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 93
Bleach the tank before you put new rocks in.. bleach all your ornaments and whatever else you had in the tank as well.. including your filters.. trust me those snails will come back if you dont

Trumpet snails multiply because there is an abundant source of food for them. Usually over feeding.. I have them in my tanks. Overfed my shrimp tank, now there are a lot of them, but you can barely spot them in the community tank. They also hide in the substrate during the day.

I am also using fluval stratum and not gravel. It probably makes a difference.

I didn't bleach it!!!! Now I'm freaking out more! LOL oh well. At least now they will be at a more manageable level!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom