Worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purevil21

Aquarium Advice Addict
So these are coming out of the rock that I put in my tank. They are white and furry looking. Anyone know what they are? I can currently see three of them. For some reason it won't upload my picture...

try to google bristle worm, if its the same you're fine, be sure its a bristle worm and not a fire worm.

the only thing thats throwing me off is the white, usually they're pinkish

I think they are bristle worms...what kind of damage do those do? How do I eliminate them?

If it is bristle worms then they are not bad. Great janitors. They are usually pink though.

nope, unless youre overfeeding the population should level off and stay low. though i had a huge one and i took him out thinking he was just too big for my tank, IMO thats the only reason id take them out

Its pink, I didn't have my white lights on, now I can see it better.

Bristle worms are ok for your tank. We have a orchid dottyback which eats them or you can buy a bristleworm trap hope this helps :)

do brisel worms eat corals. have herd of them going for some fish when they get huge

I haven't heard they eat corals at least I hope not.. Would love to know though

my lfs told me that they are no harm but can sometimes eat corals from the inside out as they burrow through the rock

fire worms eat fish, and they look like bristleworms, if you have fireworms you should get them out ASAP

ive never heard of bristleworms tunneling through rock at all though

Back
Top Bottom