Worms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just had a question about finding this ugly rusty coloured worm with fuzzy sides in my tank. It is about 3 inches long too! Is it bad? I think it is a kind of Bristle worm, but I am having a hard time discerning if it is a good addition or a bad addition to my tank.
Any thoughts?
Is it why my pink tip anemome died? The Anenome was attached near the rock where the worm lives. After Mini died, I started to see the worm almost nightly.

Any thoughts on this would be great.
Pam

Yep its a bristle worm. Good addition IMO.

Your anenome probably passed due to other reasons. Infact if you have 1 worm you probably have a couple hundred.

Describe your tank and your lighting setup and how you fed the anenome.

Well I have a flourecent light on my tank that is on for about 11 hours a day. The water is at 78 degrees. My water conditions were in the prescribed range for a reef tank. I was feeding it brine shrimp and sinking pellets that the LFS recommended I drop on to it.
Was it jus tnot healthy to begin with?

It's awful but I don't know what kind of flouresent light I have. How can you tell?

My tank has been running for almost 6 months. I asked the LFS and he said it would be fine to get an anemome.

How big is your tank?

Do you know the wattage output of the bulb? Some bulbs will have it imprinted on the tube. Whats the shape of the tube? Like a regular florecent bulb or is it smaller in diamater or does it have two small tubes that have a connector on only one end?

I figured Id ad to this after what i saw earlier tonight. I came home to find 1 of 14 full maroon disc anemones dark, small, and shriveled. It was added to its current tank last night from another one of my tanks. After several months and many midnight redlight searches I turned up no bristle worms. The tank i added it to had a lot of month old live rock that contained many bristle worms. As i said of 14 full round discs, 1 was dark and tiny with a bristle worm attached. I tried to pull him off with tweazers but he was stuck fast to the anemone. Anyone else have any input on this possibility? I dont know if the bristle worm had anything to do with it, its just an odd coincidence i thought id share.

I haven't seen any bristle worms on my anenome but now i am going to take a closer look tonight. Just out of curiosity what do you feed your anenomes?

Mine are discs so i really dont feed them much at all. Ive heard many people say that discs dont need to be fed but I add some live phytoplankton every now and then and they always look great.

Mine are discs so i really dont feed them much at all. Ive heard many people say that discs dont need to be fed but I add some live phytoplankton every now and then and they always look great.

Back
Top Bottom