worms...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skywhitney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting ready to move everything over to a new tank and while i was cleaning the gravel in my tank I noticed there was some small white worms that were moving around in the substrate. I've heard of Planaria but i have never seen any of these stuck to the glass or at any other time other than tonight. All my fish are acting fine so i'm not sure what to make of these. I'm moving to a new tank tomorrow so my questions are:
  • What are these and are they bad for the fish?
  • Are they common?
  • What should I do about them?
Thanks in advance!

Do they look like Planaria?

Aquarium FD - Planaria Small Hair like White Worms - Disease Identification, Diagnosis & Treatment

Usually they are found in tanks that are overfed. Cut back on feedings and get as much uneaten food out the substrate as you can. They are not harmful but are a good indicator that you are overfeeding.
They kind of look like Planaria but the ones I saw weren't really white as much as almost transparent. The best way I can really describe their appreance is like an aquatic earthworm. I guess it ultimately could be Planaria. I have some bottom feeders so would they also munch on them?

Back
Top Bottom