would 2 or 3 shrimp be ok

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what size is the tank? my guppies dont bother my shrimp at all so mu would probably be ok. try to get some moss in the tank for the shrimp to hang out in.

Depends on what kind of shrimp. Ghost Shrimp will be a problem with Guppy fry, they can and will catch live fish when possible.

Cherry Shrimp on the other hand would be perfectly fine. Depending on tank size you could put a lot of Cherries in there.

atm in my 10gallon tank i have 7 guppy fry and about 10 ghost shrimp, granted they are all new arrivals (2days now) but i haven't had any issues. my ghost shrimp seem content with the algae wafers and flake food that hits the floor than the hassale of swimming to the top to nab a fry

i had ghost shrimp for a while back a while ago. I did not have any problems at all. the shrimp (at least in my tank, 10 gal. ) would mind their own business. But it may vary.

Not any significant bioload. You would need LOTS of shrimp (maybe 20?) to equal the bioload of even a small fish.

I've personally seen Ghost Shrimp nab a feeder Guppy at a LFS. Quick little things but then again the poor shrimp was probably starved. Personally I have 5 of them in a 10g with 6 week old Guppy fry and haven't had a problem. But the possibility is always there, like being hit by falling cars.

I wouldn't worry about shrimp and bio-load. If anything they help keep the tank clean by picking up uneaten food and such. My Ghost's keep my moss nice and clean compared to what it was before.

Back
Top Bottom