Would quikrete play sand affect the ph?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gordo124

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to restart my 55 gallon tank so I can have plants and smaller fish .. My ph is at 6.0 right now because I used to have South American fish... Would the play sand affect it?

nope sand is inert and will not effect your PH

crushed coral and limestone on the other hand will raise your PH

I want to restart my 55 gallon tank so I can have plants and smaller fish .. My ph is at 6.0 right now because I used to have South American fish... Would the play sand affect it?

Nope, it won't affect it. Just be sure and rinse rinse and rinse that sand! Once you think you've rinsed enough... Rinse some more! That sand is seriously dusty.

Nope, it won't affect it. Just be sure and rinse rinse and rinse that sand! Once you think you've rinsed enough... Rinse some more! That sand is seriously dusty.

One of the many reasons I love this board, I read that little bit of information from a quick search and rinsed my sand 20 times, I didn't have an issue with cloudy water at all.

One of the many reasons I love this board, I read that little bit of information from a quick search and rinsed my sand 20 times, I didn't have an issue with cloudy water at all.

Each bag is different from what I've read. When I made my switch from gravel to sand I rinsed the sand what I thought was enough but my water was still cloudy once I filled my tank back up. That's why I always say rinse more even when you think you've rinsed enough. Next time I have to do it I will be taking my time rinsing lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom