Would this work for co2 injection?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrzap

Aquarium Advice Freak
Instead of using a complicated diffusor or venturi system couldn't I just put the end of the bubble tube inside the intake of my cansiter filter? Would the bubbles cause issues with the impeller causing extra noise and whatnot?

This is a very effective method of diffusion. Depending on your specific make and model of filter you could run into problems with increased noise and airlock.

for 30$ you can get a phosban reactor and put it inline, this would 100% remove the chance of having any problems. You can also add something like Seachem Matrix or any biological media to it to increase your biological filtration. Putting it on the input would create a sort of bubble trap.

Almost any cannister can airlock, Eheim I hear are great with not airlocking. Rena are the worst and fluval, while not commonly affected, can. (typically they will just blow the bubbles out the output)

If you don't want to chance the possibility of a gas pocket lock-up, what you could do is rn the CO2 line into a cheap glass diffuser right under the Cannister intake. That way the bubbles going into the intake are much smaller, and will not only diffuse better, but will be less likely to build up gas pockets which could cause an airlock.

Back
Top Bottom