would you have guessed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

owen0992

Aquarium Advice Freak
So last week I had moved my cherry shrimp and baby molly fry into their new tank that I got for Christmas. They shared that tank with an angelfish I thought was sick, for a night. The next day I noticed a dead cherry shrimp and my thoughts were immediately on the angel, whom I moved back to his own tank as he wasn't actually ill. I thought the problem was solved until the next day when I noticed another dead cherry. This time I began to think maybe they didn't like the moved and a few aren't adjusting well. Another day another shrimp, so I began emergency water changes and kept up a good frequent shedule of that. Three more shrimp fall and I began to wonder if it was the rock doing something to them. Today I was playing a game at my computer and notice one of the molly fry being territorial and chasing bothers from behind a little rock. I looked and saw another dead shrimp. It looked like he was protecting his kill. I would never have guessed that it was a couple fry beginning to show their dominance and hunting shrimp. They are tiny too. Only at just past a quarter inch long on average. On top of that there were probably around 20 of them and I thought big schools quelled violence. Lesson learned. I have murderous babies. I moved them to the 50g with my community. If they are tough enough to murderer they are tough enough to survive the big leagues. So now my cherries can live in piece in their own tank. Though I am going to put a mystery snail in with them.

Lesson learned. I have murderous babies. I moved them to the 50g with my community. If they are tough enough to murderer they are tough enough to survive the big leagues.

^^^ that part...LOL! Sorry I started laughing at that. But man that is crazy....teach them a lesson! :lol: at least your shrimp can live at peace now :)

Actually this reminds me of my fiance and when she put her guppies into my 55 gallon cause they attck her "precious" cory cats... Well they lasted a hr or two before my Green terror decide she was hungry....

I'm actually surprised at how well they've done. The danios and their parents chased a little but no nipping or anything, the fry are a enjoying more room and playing in the current. They aren't taking their lesson too hard lol. I am happy that the shrimp can swim around fearlessly now :) I do plan on adding a mystery snail or two. Those guys can't eat the shrimp and will provide free public transport whenever a shrimp feels lazy.

Actually this reminds me of my fiance and when she put her guppies into my 55 gallon cause they attck her "precious" cory cats... Well they lasted a hr or two before my Green terror decide she was hungry....

Seriously?? Wow....

Well I was using their fry as food for my cichlids anyway but alas not all things can work out as tank mates

Back
Top Bottom