Wow, have you tried Bug Bites?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered Bug Bites Tropical formula, as I have mostly mollies, bettas, rasboras, a Bolivian and Dojo Loaches. I didn't expect much. In fact, I wondered if they'd even eat them.

They loved them! Every one of them! I was just wondering how others' fish liked them. I use them once or twice a week, and fish are always very eager to gobble them up. I'm really happy that I now have another alternative to several frozen, pellets and flake foods.

I saw them being promoted a few months ago at the Aquatic Gardeners Association (may have even been in a magazine) (not sure if they were just out or just about to come out) but do not think I got a sample.

They were really expensive at the lfs $19-22 I think, maybe that was the bigger sizes. Just saw them Tuesday.

Thanks for sharing about it - may look into them again.

I suppose it depends what you are comparing to but I would not feed them as a staple food for most fish. They are very high in fat content. 12.5% crude fat. :eek:

I go the 1.6 oz size, and it was only about $6. It will last my fish a good long time, and I have three tanks. I don't use it as a staple food, just once or twice a week. I feed my fish a large variety of foods.

All of my fish love this stuff. I alternate it 1 or 2 times a week w/other food.

Back
Top Bottom