wtf is up with my yellow tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I came home from school today to find my tang swimming as normal. Ten minutes later he is like paralized almost. He is upside down, breathing rapidly. I was like great. my fav. fish dead. so I test all the water stuff. zero amonia. ph=8.2, temp 77.5 salt 1.024. perfect. I come back he is swimming but you can tell he is having a hard time. I leave for like half an hour come back he is on his side not moving in a cave. I have come to the conclusion that he is dead. I grab a wire and fish him out of the cave. He springs back to life and swims into a remote corner. I have to leave for my moms house. So I ask my dad to watch the tang and call me if anything happens. ex. dies, lives. So about two hours later my dad calls and says he is swimming back and forith like normal. The only explintaion I can come up with is that he was stung by my rose tipped anenome and was like stunned or something. I had a lawnmower blenny die about a week earlier. could these have a connection. I have had the tang for about 5.5 months. thanks

no he has the white stripe down his side like all tangs. He viciously attacks the food when I put it in. (algae sheets)

How long ago did you add the lawnmower blenny? Any chance it introduced a disease? Does not sound good right now. If you don't already try soaking the nori in garlic. I use the garlic extreme dripper to rub it on nori and let it sit for about 5 minutes so it soaks it up. The fish love it. I also use zoe. Good luck.

One of the first things that came to mind when reading your description was as you thought, that it was stung by something. I don't have any personal experience with Rose BTAs so I can't say if that may have been the culprit or not. Do you have anything else in your tank that you know of that could cause it? Any other anenomies or corals. Any strange hitchhikers you haven't been able to identify in your LR?

(also, i'm going to move this to the sick fish forum for proper exposure)

Back
Top Bottom