Yay! Thumbs up for Repashy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have read such conflicting reports on Repashy fish foods that I wasn't sure if I should order some, even though I had a feeling my fish would love it.

I was right! I ordered some community Formula, and ALL my fish ate it, as far as I can tell. Rainbows, Honey Gourami, Sparkling Gourami, female bettas, mollies, Mountain cloud minnows Cherry barbs, Harlequin rasboras, L. Dorsigera, cories, and yes... even my Angel fish, which I've read are not always crazy about it.

I have a new male betta that I got yesterday that only picked at brine shrimp and wouldn't touch NLS flake. I put a bit of the Repashy in there, and he ate it with gusto! I didn't drop in cubes--maybe that's why my fish seemed to like it when other peoples' didn't. I kind of mushed it up with my fingers, and everyone went for it. It floated slowly to the bottom. I don't know if these other people have picky fish or what, but my fish are certainly not underfed. I feed twice a day. I offered the Repashy only a few hours after their breakfast, and they STILL really, really liked it. I made it with one part Repashy powder and three parts water, using boiling water (the recommended way) and it made perfect blocks of gel of perfect consistency when put in an ice cube tray. Then I removed the ice cube tray when the Repashy was frozen and cut it into 1/2 X1/2" blocks, and that worked out beautifully. I am really sold on this food. It didn't cloud my water at all--but then again, they ate it right away. I can't wait to try the Meaty Pie and Soilent Green next!

I'm quite curious about who didn't like the food. I love the line and never read a bad comment or review about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This was various message boards, Gillie. Also, I think Amazon had reviews on it. It seemed like it ran about 50/50 for people's fish liking it, so I had serious doubts when I ordered some. They are still as eager for it now that I've fed it to them several times, so it wasn't a fluke. I'd recommend it to anyone. But yeah, a lot of people said their fish were indifferent.

Back
Top Bottom