YAY!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, a while back, i bought 6 GBR (german blue rams), only to have them all be boys. Well, here I am, four months later and I only have two of those rams left.

About two months ago, one of my better lfs had a fire and had to close down. I just went out there today (they had their grand reopening about a month ago) to see what they had since the fire, and found four more GBRs. Only at least three out of four are females :D I think the fourth might be, but can't really tell yet.

I also found yoyo loaches, never thought I would see these guys locally. So I picked up three of them as well.

If i had a camera, i would share pics, but unfortunatly i do not :(

Just thought I would share, I am so excited :D

yea, almost lost one already though. S/He kept squeezing into the corner of the bag when we were trying to net them out, so we took the net and the bag to the sink to just pour the fish out of the bag, into the net, then jut drop them in the tank. Well, one flopped out of the bag, and went down the drain.

we were able to rescue him though, he is in the tank now, seems a little shook up, but i think he will be ok. He doesn't look like he has any injuries, and he was only in the piping for less than a minute (it was the bathroom sink that has bare pipes, so it only took 30 secs to realize what happened and to get the j pipe off)

And they are all four girls. We thought one might have been a male, but we got it anyway, turns out it is a female, she started showing her pink belly within 5 minutes of being in the tank.

Everyone is currently in an almost empty 20g, it only had one male ram, one rasbora, and one otto in it. Now there are 5 rams, 1 otto, 1 rasbora, and 3 yoyos. Can I put my other male ram in now that I have some girls? I know i want to give everyone some time to settle down before i start moving them around again.

Well, the one didn't make it. I only have 2 yoyos now. I am going back today, I am going to pick up three more.

The girls have settled in quite nicely, everyone gets along, except for feeding time. They were squabbling a bit at that point.

Back
Top Bottom