Yellow clown goby not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dingodan

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is my second attempt at keeping a yellow clown goby and they wont eat. Everything else in tank is very healthy parameters perfect. Tankmates are common clownfish watchman goby and mandarine goby. He seems too afraid to leave his perch during feeding though he does grab food that comes close but then spits it out. I feed frozen mysis. He is looking very skinny now dont think i have much longer. What is wrong with these fish?

Have you tried any other food like vitamin fortified brine or flake? Have you tried soaking your food in garlic? Supposedly this stimulates feeding.

Clown gobies are notrious for not eating in the home aquarium or "resetting" once moved from the LFS, or even from the wild they're known to reset but by the time they get to your home it's too late.

I'd advise trying Cyclop-eeze (the frozen bar kind), that's what I've seen the most luck with. If that doesn't work just try a variety of foods for him.

Hope it's not too late and the very best of luck to you, I plan on getting one soon and hope I don't have this problem. If you want to try another if this one doesn't work out make sure he's eating at the LFS before you take him home

Back
Top Bottom