yellow tang coloration. semi-urgent.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrotesqueHybrid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i recently purchased a yellow tang. its been doing fine and eating all that i feed it. (sushi sheets, romaine lettuce, tank algae, spirulina enchanced brine shimrp and an omnivorus mix for yellow tangs) its been fine all day but when i went to check up on it just now i noticed a opaque brown spot on its side and a white stripe on its middle (not its blade on the tail, right smack dab in the middle of the body) what in god's name is this!? i'm usine marine-glo lighting and all my water chemicals are fine. please answer with any advice.

i was recently at about.com forum and they told me it was because of the lights turning off (lights on a timer). this could be it because my clowns act also act very peculiar when the lights go out but i want to make sure. thank you.

It sounds like a stress coloration to me, most fis will pale when the lights go out. I have seen many yellow tangs exhibit the white line you describe and a few exhibit the brownish patch, without other symptoms I would not consider it a sign of a problem.

Back
Top Bottom