yellow watchmen goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i got a yellow watchman goby and a black and white cardinal fish. i did the float bag and all and fish look great. all my level are fine. ph 8.3 temp 79 nitrate 0 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 and between 0.25 like nothing. salanity 1.024. i notice that the yellow watchmen goby got little pale. what can be cauing this? i mean he is eating great. Cardinal and my yellow tail damsel and snail and all are doing great too. Goby swims all along the back and he swims to the glass almost like he wants to jump out but he isnt breathing heavy or anything. i just want to make sure he is ok and not stress or anything? i mean i heard something that when a female get tranfer to a tank that she can get pale. Is that true?

Now he likes to swim up and down and sit on the back of my protein skimmer which is like 2 inchs from the top. Do I got to worry about him jumping out?

How big is the tank, I read they can be jumpers especially in smaller tanks

30 gallon tank... he kinda siting like on the top of the water kinda and then he swim up and down the glass and then go back up. U think he is stress out?

No clue is there anything that could be stressing him out

I don't think so my other fish are fine I mean I just drop some blood worms in and he was eating fine. I think he trying to jump out cause he poke his head out a couple times. And then he relax on the bottom and try again

Mean I was just at my lfs and they said its normal that some yellow watchmen swim a lot. I'm trying to pair him up with a tiger pistrol shrimp soon when it comes in.

I think he will be fine, and if your worried about him jumping get something to go over the top of the tank so he cant, other wise just keep an eye on him

i also just read could take a goby 2 weeks to find where he wants to home but until then he swim around the tank

should i have like a nice half in sand bed for the goby? i have a very thin layer in my tank

Back
Top Bottom