Yelow watchman goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok when i got mine yellow watchman i was told that they were not sand shifters. well what is when i had cc in the tank. now that i have sand in the tank that is all he has been doing. did the lfs just tell me wrong. there is nothing that can go bad if he dose right? he dose not dig deep or any thing. and i do not have any stars yet. well i ahev 2 off of the live rock i got but i have not seen them in about 3 months now. i think they are still in there and are just hinding. they are only about 1.5 in accross.

hey WarOrks, you want to see something very cool? Get him a glass shrimp, a sybiotic shrimp. bad news, they are hard to find, I have only seen them one place, 6th avenue in SF.

just make sure your LR is secure because there is the danger that all that sifting will cause the rock to shift and come a tumbling down!

I have seen my yellow goby sifting sand thru its gills. I got mine when they where less than an inch in size and now they are upward to 3 1/2 or 4".

not he runss it throgh his gills. i know he is shifting and it looks cool but i did not know that they did that. all my rock is fine i had to take out all of the cc and put in sand and i was digging under it and they did not tip over. i dont think he will be able to tip it all over. they are really big peaces that are on the bottom like 8lbs + each. and i have 3 of them on the bottom. he cant move them. but he is about 2" now.

Back
Top Bottom