Yet another stocking question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonsRus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright, I've got a 26g bow FOWLR, I've just set it up, but the LR and LS came from an establised aquarium of 8 years. It's running an aquaclear 70, excal skimmer powerheads etc.

So, This is what I was originally thinking:
1 Catalina Goby
1 Firefish Goby
1 Lemonpeel Angel
and perhaps a shrimp (I've never kept shrimp before...I've always had puffers)

Any suggestions? Is it really ok to put those two gobies in together? Also, since the guts have been established for so long, is there any remote chance I could put a mandarin in there instead? I know they're incredibly finicky and though they may appear to eat, they're still starving...

Anyway, I'm putting in a cleanup crew and was thinking about adding fish in a couple weeks provided the tests say good to go.

Thanks for the advice!
-Kristin

If I were a lemon peel, I'd probably spend all of my free time harassing the gobies to death.
Catalinas prefer slightly cooler water than the other two.

As stated earlier by afish Live aquaria says "Although it will tolerate a tropical water temperature, (76 to 78ºF), the Catalina Goby prefers the cooler temperatures associated with the island where found, Catalina Island, off the coast of Los Angeles, California. Temperatures there range from 60 to 72ºF. " So you might not get to keep him cool enough.

try maybe a species tank with a few firefish and maybe some shrimp. that would be a cool way to do a 26!

Back
Top Bottom