Yippeeeeeee!! (no pic :( )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktomminello

Aquarium Advice Addict
I spotted a trio of sparkling gourami in a tank of guppies and African clawed frogs marked "dwarf frogs", next to a tank marked "assorted gourami" ($5.99 a piece). So go to ask the employee if the trio of sparklers was just in the wrong tank, and before I could finish the question the guys says "no- those are just guppies".... Sooooo- I took all 3 home for $4!!!! This is the first time I've seen this fish in a 50 mile radius of me that has been the true pygmy (not vittatus).... And they sound so adorable when aggrevated!!! They are currently in my planted hospital tank picking on some odds and ends endler hybrids and a few panda cories. I thought the endlers were going to be too much for the little trio, but to my surprise within the hour all they had to do was look at an endler and that endler would bolt out of the way as quick as he could.

After qt these guys are going in my 30g former betta breeder because my last male died and from what I see they would fit in perfect and I shouldn't have to worry about separating them due to aggression like betta.

I just got happy over getting these guys finally and had to share!!

Congrats on a great find!
Don't forget pic's when they settle in, I really like these guy's but don't see them around here much.
Lesley

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Awesome! They are neat fish!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I am almost tempted to leave them where they are at and take out the endlers as the trio has broken off into a pair and a single (though they stay together as a trio while traveling from place to place around the tank) and the male has started building a bubblenest in some surface aponogeton flowers.

These little guys can only truly be appreciated in diffused bright lights amongst leaves in a heavily planted tank. Mine are pale to the point of disappearing until they are in my plants, then they earn their "sparkler" moniker.

That's so cool!!! I love it when the employees are dumb and don't know what they're talking about!

Definitely takes some pics! Btw have you heard them croak yet?

Yup, sparkling gouramis croak at night! They are also called Croaking gouramis for obvious reasons....

Back
Top Bottom