Yo Yo loach as algae eater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

minx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a pair of yo yo loaches yesterday to control my snail population & just wondered whether they eat algae too.

They're quite an interesting fish ... from what I'd read about them I expected them to be quite shy & hide away but they're feisty things ... certainly got the tiger barb's backs up!

Not sure on the algae eating but I do have another question to toss out about yo yo's.

I see mine swimming very close to the other fish in the tank as if they are trying to eat something that is on their side.

Whats up with that?

I don't think they actually eat algae growing in the tank they are scavengers so they would probley eat anything I know they eat the algae wafers and such,
seems like they are really nosey to other fish, I would say more of an anoyance to the tank mates than a threat. lol kinda like a nosey puppy sniffing at you.

Chris

Mine seem to like launching themselves into the shoal of tiger barbs and watching them scatter. I've also caught them chasing the Corys round the tank. Not in an agressive manner, more a 'get out of my space' type manner.

Makes the tank a whole lot more entertaining!

Here's one of the little terrors, his name's Hector

Back
Top Bottom