You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When your fish stays in one spot for more than 6 seconds, you go nuts.

Is it stressed? Does it have ich? Does it have columnaris? Is it constipated? Could it have a parasite? Is it DYING?

:p
When you sit by your tank with a stop-watch to see how long each fish sits still. Lol.

When you start to pout because you miss your fish that are temporarily at your dads house after you moved, or when you know you need to go to bed, but you just have to check AA one more time!

When your main motivation for finding a bigger apartment/house is being able to fit bigger tanks in it.

When you have made a few runs to Walmart after midnight to replace filters that suddenly stopped running or to buy a small tank to grow out the eggs you came home to find.

Mumma.of.two said:
When you have to unplug a filter so you can pug in the vacuum to vacuum certain rooms in the house.

Awesome... I am jealouw

When the worse part of having to wrk late is missing your tanks photo time. Oh well guess thats what the blue leds are for... Still get to watch them for a while...

You start thinking about money in terms of fish you could buy.

Retail sales lady: "Here's the coach purse for your wife. It'll make a nice present."
Me: Grr, there's a purple tang and 5 heads of frogspawn i could have had.

When you spend hours/days/weeks hunting online for a free tank and then drive for two and a half hours to pick it up! Lol

When you do a happy dance, literally, after you bag a deal on Craigslist! 55 gallon with gravel, filter, stand, etc, for $125!!!!!!!!! Happy dance!!!!!

You take a shower before a pwc!!! I never want to second guess so I err to the shower.

Dana180 said:
You take a shower before a pwc!!! I never want to second guess so I err to the shower.

Lol!! If iv used a chemical i literally dont put my hands in the tank for like 4 days hahah

If you think about what fish could fit in your tub, then laugh at yourself because it isn't possible what with all the soap and shampoo residue!

Bettababe1011 said:
If you think about what fish could fit in your tub, then laugh at yourself because it isn't possible what with all the soap and shampoo residue!

Haha! Funny you say that. I know of a guy that kept his fish in the bath tub for a couple of weeks while he redid his tank. I'd be worried the plug would come loose and drain all the water!

Mumma.of.two said:
Haha! Funny you say that. I know of a guy that kept his fish in the bath tub for a couple of weeks while he redid his tank. I'd be worried the plug would come loose and drain all the water!

And what about when they needed to shower?! Did he have more than one tub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom