You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought of a few while cleaning my tank today...

When the salesperson at the lfs asks what size your tank is, you reply "it's 48"x13"x21", why?"...

Your tanks are over-filtered even though they are understocked

The first things you tell your wife when she gets home always involve the fish

every time you do a water change, you have to re-arrange something

you have duckweed and snails even though you never wanted (or bought) either.

sniperfreak said:
Just thought of a few while cleaning my tank today...

When the salesperson at the lfs asks what size your tank is, you reply "it's 48"x13"x21"...

Your tanks are over-filtered even though they are understocked

The first things you tell your wife when she gets home always involve the fish

every time you do a water change, you have to re-arrange something

you have duckweed and snails even though you never wanted (or bought) either.

Lol That's great!

When people at work start calling you the crazy fish lady....

When you have a believable dream about fish and IN the dream think, "Oh! That would be a great thing to add to THIS THREAD!" then when you wake up realize it really would be a good thing too add.. Reach for the phone... And...
Well, I woke up at 5am with the phone in my hand with no memory of what the great idea was!

When you spend all your time reading about and maintaining aquarium and fish pages and info online.

While searching craigslist for a new tank you come across a someone selling a 6 gal tank with 6 fancy goldfish in it and immediately want to call the number on your screen and start yelling at them, then think to yourself, "maybe if i don't yell and tell them nicely what is wrong with the set up and how I could fix the problem for the as long as they gave me the set up for free...." but i don't have enough room for 6 fancies in my apartment so I think i might start yelling!

Brandonaki360 said:
when you check AA every few hours, even in class.

No dont worry Mr. Cervantes, I wasn't cheating, I was just checking AA. Haha

When all your friends are chatting on Facebook and u r on AA haha

skiweeangel said:
While searching craigslist for a new tank you come across a someone selling a 6 gal tank with 6 fancy goldfish in it and immediately want to call the number on your screen and start yelling at them, then think to yourself, "maybe if i don't yell and tell them nicely what is wrong with the set up and how I could fix the problem for the as long as they gave me the set up for free...." but i don't have enough room for 6 fancies in my apartment so I think i might start yelling!

That reminds me, I went to walmart and was looking at a 1.8 gal desk tank and they recommended a goldfish to be put in the tank! I couldn't believe it! Even a baby goldfish couldn't stay!

When you go through 6 tanks in a matter of 6 months just to upgrade, and then spending $450 and 6 days to build a custom stand and canopy for your newest tank :)....There is not much better in life !!!!

Mumma.of.two said:
When you get a notice from your real estate agent asking if you have a leaking tap because your water usage has been excessive lately. :oops:

I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have to pay a water bill where I live!

ocminpin said:
Me either!! I'm in a condo complex!

It will be a bit of a sad trade off when I can buy a house. More room for bigger tanks, but I will have to pay for all that water...

There was a yellow tang in a maybe 30 gallon tank on an episode of Law and Order earlier this week and I got very angry.

Brandonaki360 said:
when you check AA every few hours, even in class.

Haha I did that today and teacher was like: who are texting this time?? I'm like AA!!!

Alyxx said:
I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have to pay a water bill where I live!

I only have to pay for excess water but Ouch! It still hurts! I've started using rain water for my clothes washing so I have more town water for the fish! Lol

When you see a car with SAE on the number plate and the first thing you think is Siamese Algae Eater.

Why do they turn color blue? My betta's water was blue too.. They add dye to it??
Its a blue med used to perk up the bettas so they don't look so dead in their cups. Its not to dye the water.

When you are considering where to move to and you have to consider the likelihood of being able to move your tanks there. I am reluctant to go to Alaska because I don't know how I would get all the fish there!

Maxkolbe said:
When you get mad when you discover that petsmart dyed the water in your new bettas cup blue!

A. The blue is NOT medicine
B. the water conditioner for the Bettas is in tablet form and contains blue dye
C . The blue color is so the fish don't stress out seeing each other all the time AND so they don't feel so exposed. It is for their comfort level

I worked there. If someone wanted to see a Betta in clear water, I would put it in clear water. Dividers don't work for Bettas and then they really can't be separated. Much more stressful !!
I used to put the cups along the tanks so they were well away from each other.

Hanging things inside the tanks won't work. My store had WIDE lips on the tanks to keep fish from jumping and suction cups would not be secure enough. PLUS kids would have tried to put them together or dump them in tanks.

Ours at least sold fast and I always recommended 2.5g with a heater if possible. I hated the tiny kits.

So hate the size of the cup, but not the blue water.

A. The blue is NOT medicine
B. the water conditioner for the Bettas is in tablet form and contains blue dye
C . The blue color is so the fish don't stress out seeing each other all the time AND so they don't feel so exposed. It is for their comfort level

I worked there. If someone wanted to see a Betta in clear water, I would put it in clear water. Dividers don't work for Bettas and then they really can't be separated. Much more stressful !!
I used to put the cups along the tanks so they were well away from each other.

Hanging things inside the tanks won't work. My store had WIDE lips on the tanks to keep fish from jumping and suction cups would not be secure enough. PLUS kids would have tried to put them together or dump them in tanks.

Ours at least sold fast and I always recommended 2.5g with a heater if possible. I hated the tiny kits.

So hate the size of the cup, but not the blue water.
Good to know about PetSmart. I do know some stores use a solution including methyl blue in their betta cups to perk up the bettas and hopefully keep them alive longer, I assumed PetSmart was one of those stores. Thanks for setting the record straight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom