Your favorite TV shows that "jumped the shark"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bud29

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! Do you guys have any favorite TV shows that "jumped the shark?" My favorite TV show was the Office. It was hilarious. Then Steve Carrell left. Now I can hardly watch it, it's so bad. I just rent older episodes from the library. Have any of you had situations like this?

Yeah, I personally think that they should have stopped the show after carrell left.....I understand them not wanting to stop a show just because one guy left, but it's just so bad without him.......

I loved Scrubs, then they tried to do a season without the main cast. It had gone a bit downhill before that point, but the "new" Scrubs is unwatchable. I agree about the Office, too. Steve Carell made the show. It seems rare that a series can make its full run without ending up with a terrible last season or getting cancelled before it finishes anymore.

Mumma.of.two said:
The last season of 'That 70's Show' was awful after Topher Grace left. Really disappointing they didn't just finish it up when he left.

Very very true! I forgot about that one. Not as bad as That 80's Show, though.

I actually think the office is better now. Lol

Two and a Half Men really sucks now, its horrible now. They should have ended it.

Ive seen all of That 70s Show and near the end it sucked, really bad. They were running out of ideas and it got sp boring

Seinfeld is my favorite show of all time!! Possibly the best show ever made. Check my signature and see if you recognize it lol:)

The simpsons took a nose dive, that sucks also because i really liked it. Theyre running out of ideas too

Im sure theres others im forgetting

Samzter said:
An idiot abroad! Me and my family watched it all the time!

Love idiot abroad, the first was hilarious! I also loved being human UK not to pleased they,ve changed all the characters

Oh yeah I love Seinfeld. I just watched the episode where George had (and then lost) his Goretex coat.

I think my favorite seinfeld was the bubble boy episode. Especially the "It's Moops, not Moors." part.

George9 said:
I actually think the office is better now. Lol

Two and a Half Men really sucks now, its horrible now. They should have ended it.

Ive seen all of That 70s Show and near the end it sucked, really bad. They were running out of ideas and it got sp boring

Seinfeld is my favorite show of all time!! Possibly the best show ever made. Check my signature and see if you recognize it lol:)

The simpsons took a nose dive, that sucks also because i really liked it. Theyre running out of ideas too

Im sure theres others im forgetting

Lol such a critic ^

Mumma.of.two said:
The last season of 'That 70's Show' was awful after Topher Grace left. Really disappointing they didn't just finish it up when he left.

Couldn't agree more with you

I would have to say prison break. When some how they end up in jail again in panama I just stopped watching

Oh yea one more lol supernatural I loved that show and when the original producer ended the show it should have stayed that way and not try to go one more season after they defeated the devil.

Flipping through channels I just caught the end of the Bubble Boy episode of Seinfeld. Thought of this thread, lol. I loved that show when it was originally on tv, it seems a bit dated now, though. Kind of like Friends.

Alyxx said:
Flipping through channels I just caught the end of the Bubble Boy episode of Seinfeld. Thought of this thread, lol. I loved that show when it was originally on tv, it seems a bit dated now, though. Kind of like Friends.

I'm watching that right now!

Alyxx said:

But its still hilarious lol

Two and a Half Men was originally disappointing with the lose of Charlie, but it does have its own appeal now. Its growing on me. Criminal Minds is my big one, originally rather interesting to see into the mind of the Criminal, its now gotten so detailed and graphic, I can't hardly stand to watch it anymore.

NCIS, but only because of that NCIS: Los Angeles or whatever that's a spinoff. The main show is great, the spin-off makes me want to bash the TV, it's really stupid.

Now when the two shows mix, THAT's good, because both shows have great casts and mix well.

It's just that one alone.

Back
Top Bottom