Your Stupid Fish Story....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they will hide just about anywhere. And can survive out of the water as long as it's not too long or hot. I took the ship wreck out one day while cleaning, couldn't find my yoyo's. It was cool outside and had the shipwreck setting on the outside porch. About 30 min later, when it was time, I picked up the shipwreck and placed it back in the tank, and 2 minutes later, the yoyo's came out of the shipwreck. :)

Loaches such as this one utilize their intestines as an accessory respiratory organ. This enables them to live in oxygen-depleted waters. They rise to the surface and gulp a mouthful of air, which passes along the alimentary canal to the hind gut. There the oxygen is extracted by the dense accumulation of capillaries that line this part of the gut; the residue of air is passed out at the anus. However, clean water and aeration are important.

Congratulations on finding him. Maybe the dog should get a treat for being the suspect when he was innocent. LOL

I have a 5 gal bucket upside down for my cat to sit on and watch the fish. One time, she tried to go for the albino rainbow shark, and went head first into the other empty 5 gal bucket. Was hillarious to watch. She slid off the slippery bow-front tank and head first into the bucket next to the tank.

meateater540 said:
botia%20modesta%20blue.jpg

thats the one right there, the problem is i took all the ornaments out last night, and there was no botia in the tank. And the ornaments were out for a good 30 minutes too...wiierd.

THAT'S a botia? Forgive my ignorance. My Walmart is selling them and don't know what they are -- no label, nothing. I thought they were cool looking but didn't know how to keep them. Hmm..... maybe it's time to go and buy some more fish.
:idea:

That picture isn't my fish, i wish it was, i migh actually be able to see the thing, mine just is constantly hiding. Anyway, i got it from a superpet, and i told the guy i wanted a few clown loaches because they would eat snails, and he told me about these guys, but there wasn't any label or anything on the tank, so i think its kinda the same predicimant your in. Where abouts in ontario are you? mine was like 10 bucks.

Once long ago I had a goldfish that was 5inches with 2 Cardinal Tetras in a 10g tank. They were not compatible at all and The goldfish ended up eating the Tetras. I know alot more now than I did when I was a kid about fish. :|

Nice red tail avatar, Aquarim Man. I have a nice red tail in my aquarium. Besides my fire eels, I think the red tail is my fav.

my ex bought two freshwater eels and well the two kept fithing and whodini kept jumping out and get half dried up by the time we found him, ki would put him back and whodini would jump right back out agian so ki bagged him up and brought him over to my place, and at the time all i had was my 20gal . witch my 20 is on a lrg pine shelf unit and so theres a shelf above the tank with enough room to clean. Well ki came over to see how he's doing and put his head right above the tank , well whodini jump out of the water a bit and hung on to ki's nose!!!!! 8O ki's head hits the shelf above and can't get whodini off his nose, ki's screaming How do you pull a slimy eel off of some dumbass's nose :?: well whodini decided he had enough and dropped back into his tank, and ki turns around and has a bloody nose, still to this day ki has 2 U shapped chomp marks on his nose!!!

meateater540 said:
That picture isn't my fish, i wish it was, i migh actually be able to see the thing, mine just is constantly hiding. Anyway, i got it from a superpet, and i told the guy i wanted a few clown loaches because they would eat snails, and he told me about these guys, but there wasn't any label or anything on the tank, so i think its kinda the same predicimant your in. Where abouts in ontario are you? mine was like 10 bucks.

Well, I bought all four of them! They are little fellas and I have them in my son's 20 gallon for now but, don't worry, I have a 55 on order (for what seems like forever, Walmart told me 2 weeks and it's been 3 at least and still no tank) and these guys will go in the 44 corner tank soon... guess I'm not getting those elephant noses after all :lol:

I paid $8 a piece for them and they sure are cute but, I haven't seen them eat yet although that would be hard to do... my son's in bed at 8:30. We fed them right before lights out so, I don't know if they ate or not. What do you feed your's? I dropped in some shrimp pellets and some sinking carnivore sticks. But, I have blood worms on hand if they'd prefer those.

Where am I in Ontario? Think Manitoba border. 'Bout an 18 hour drive from Toronto.

I'd like to know what kind they are too, I have 2 fire eels myself. But they are so mellow and fun to watch in the evening. Never fights or bothers other fish, just looks for food. Then when I give them their bloodworms, Oh Boy, hehehe.....

1 Bala shark - 5", 1 Red Tail shark - 4", 1 Rainbow shark - 3 1/2", 1 Albino Rainbow shark - 3", 1 Golden Dojo Loach - 8", 1 Dojo loach - 4", 2 Fire Eels - 9" each, 4 Chinese Algae Eaters - 1" each, 1 Bolivian Ram - 1", 6 Glowlight rasboras - 1" each. 55G/75G coming soon.

Mine won't touch pellets of flake food. I feed mine frozen bloodworms, and sometimes they will take in some frozen brine shrimp if you mix the 2. Trying to get them to feed on red wigglers too. I think 1 does look for the red wigglers in the gravel and eats them, but the other is still strictly blood worms.

1 Bala shark - 5", 1 Red Tail shark - 4", 1 Rainbow shark - 3 1/2", 1 Albino Rainbow shark - 3", 1 Golden Dojo Loach - 8", 1 Dojo loach - 4", 2 Fire Eels - 9" each, 4 Chinese Algae Eaters - 1" each, 1 Bolivian Ram - 1", 6 Glowlight rasboras - 1" each. 55G/75G coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom