Yoyo loach fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ridasha

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all

Preliminary info

92 gallon setup (corner unit)

Five caves around outer edge of tank
two large leaved plants at center

Population of fish is

8 yoyo loaches
2 gold dojo loaches
10 neon tetras
10 red zebra danios
6 silver mollies

Ammonia is 0
nitrite is 0
nitrate is consistently 5

The fish are extremely happy so don't scream at me when I say the temperature of the water is 87 degrees Fahrenheit. Not great for the dojos but they are happy and growing. ( also run an air stone in far back corner) and run a fluval 406 full tilt. The reason for the 87 degree temperature was originally to control a possible ich occurrence which has since been remedied but have kept the temp because the fish have responded very well. Even the dojos.

Lighting we run a 15 W power glow during the day from 5 - 5 and a led blue rope light 24 hours a day. At night it is a muted moonlight glow that the fish have responded to very well.

Feed them at 5 in the morning and again at 5 at night and use black nylon over the filter intake to catch floating food that is removed daily and cleaned. (helps keep filter clean).

The reason for this post is to share a surprising find this morning as I was vacuuming the gravel. I came across three 1/4 of an inch yoyo loach fry. They have since gone back into hiding. If they live to feel comfortable swimming out in the open I will take a picture and post. The colouring of the fry is unlike any of the other fish in the tank. An interesting event if anything.

Dave

They came out

Let me know if you agree that they are likely yoyo's given the population of fish listed in the original post

Attachments

• Yoyo loach 004_crop.jpg
    Yoyo loach 004_crop.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 198
  • Yoyo loach 005_crop.jpg
    Yoyo loach 005_crop.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 152
  • Yoyo loach 009_crop.jpg
    Yoyo loach 009_crop.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 255
  • Yoyo loach 011_crop.jpg
    Yoyo loach 011_crop.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 362
couple more. So small they are hard to capture on camera well.

Attachments

• Yoyo loach 012_crop.jpg
    Yoyo loach 012_crop.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Yoyo loach 013_crop.jpg
    Yoyo loach 013_crop.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 113
Could be something else

If they survive to develop further I will let you know

Dave

They are not danios, I've bred danios for some time and the fry are so small you wouldn't be able to take a pic. Also they don't look anything like this. Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! Those are definitely loaches of some sort, but I would get out a breeder net and a turkey baster right away and catch them!

Back
Top Bottom