Zack's 120 Reef (NEW TANK HELP)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReefBoy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright so not too long ago I remeasured the tank and it wasn't as large as i thought. But hey. That just means when I upgrade to an 8 footer it will feel that much more premium right?:brows:

So I added a few Acans and Zoanthids. Bought some new lighting Which will be going up later today(hopefully).

I have been looking at the cube tanks lately! I love the 4x4x30in.
I also like the 72x30x36. I would love to find a 72x30x24. But I can't seem to find anything.
I figured the 8 footer would be too long unless I put it as a wall to separate the office from the rest of the house. In that case it would fit perfectly with a couple inches of space on both sides. I would do some carpentry and build some wooden pieces to make the tank seamless with the wall.

A 4x4x30 would fit perfectly in the living room. (I would put some dark curtains to cover the windows)

As well as the 72x30x36 would fit perfectly either where the 120 is right now, or in the living room where the cube would fit.

Any suggestions on what the best tank would be as far as; Equipment, Maintenance, rock, etc???

1. The wall separate for the office would be perfect. but I figured the cost of the tank with the stand would be around $5000

2. The cube sounds awesome, tank with stand would be around $3200

3. The 72x30x36 would be really nice also. but 36inches tall is going to be a pain lighting, flowing(lol), and maintenance.....ing.:nono: Tank with stand would run $3600

The budget I would like to keep at about $3000-$4000. But what are your thoughts on tank sizes??

Attachments

• KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-04-17-13-59-04_37.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-04-17-13-59-04_37.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 94
  • KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-04-17-13-59-03_18.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-04-17-13-59-03_18.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 109
  • KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-04-17-13-59-01_62.jpeg
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2015-04-17-13-59-01_62.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 124
as far as size and shape go that's really a preference thing, I can't really comment. I love my 6 foot long and didn't like my cube but it was smaller than a 4x4 which just seems huge to me. that would really stick into your room but maybe you can afford that space? I'll talk price though, with your budget have you considered used? I bought a 6 foot dual overflow with stand, sump and return pump for $500 on craigs list. I re painted the stand to make it look new and you'd never know I didn't pay thousands for it...

Thanks for the quick reply! The space is not an issue as far as the cube is concerned. I'm sorry the 3rd picture is not a good idea of the space. The space is a really big spacious area.

USED.......... That's a great idea! Especially when it's thousands less than a new one!!! I will definitely look into that.

As far as the sump and overflows go. Is it worth it to have a sump? the one thing I hate about not having a sump for the 120 Reef is that the HOB skimmer, Heater, Temperature probe, etc. Everything is hanging on the tank. And it looks terrible.. so I guess I answered my own question?? Or is there more to It that that? :)

I like a big Display tank. Dosn't have to be long. I personally just like the appearance of a deep tank and want the ability to reefscape :)

Back
Top Bottom