Zebra Plec L046

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScotJudd

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm researching the bio type for a zebra Plec. Because of its price I need to get it right.
I've read up on them and they prefer rocks and caves but still well planted for high oxygen levels and fairly strong water currents. My tank is a typical Amozonia - bogwood, loads of plant, tetras and Corys. It's 65g bow front, ph7, Kh 6 and Gh 6. Ammonia and nitrites are zero and nitrates stay at around 10ppm. Temp is 26C. Two external canister filters turning over 10x tank volume per hour. Water change is about 25% twice a week.
Anyone had experience, good or bad, of Zebra Plecs and whether one would do well in my tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

You want to keep them or breed them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just wanted to keep one but keep it healthy. I have been slightly put off by the write ups on aquatic web sites and wondered if it would do well in a community tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Well.. I've been told it's similar to the type I keep, l-134, guess they come from the same area. I keep it in a community tank, co2, ferts, It eats whatever.. pretty simple really. Only thing.. if you give it a cave that it can completely hide in? Probably won't see it much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom