Zelda's Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Exactly one month ago today, I went to the LFS and was just looking around. They had just gotten a new shipment of fish the day before. I spotted this Coral Beauty that was just lazily swimming around in the tank. It was such a gorgeous (sp) fish I just stood there and watched for about 20 minutes or so. I came back a couple of days later and it was still there. When I went upto the tank it looked at me and I swear it remembered that I was there earlier. It started to swim back and forth across the tank like it was showing off or something.

My wife was with me this time and she fell in love with this fish. So I asked the folks at the store if they would feed it. As soon as they opened the top of the tank, this fish came right up to them and was being hand fed. It looked very healthy and was eating so, not wanting to take it home just yet because it was only there for a few days I decicded to put a deposit on this fish.

My wife and I visted the store on several occassions the rest of the week and in the following week. We had them hold this fish for a total of 10 days since we had first saw it.

I brought it home and after acclimation I put it into the QT for 2 and a half weeks. Tonight I just released it into the big tank with the rest of the family. This is the first fish I have bought in a long time. As soon as it gets more adapt to it's new home and family I will take a picture of it and post it. We do not know if it is male or female, I couldn't find anything on the net to help me with that. It doesn't matter anyway. We named it Zelda, after the game....it was my favorite game to play.

I think this fish was destined to come to my house, everything has went perfect upto this point. Wish me luck.

Mike

My parents had a cat named Zelda--back in the early eighties.
Hope all goes well for Zelda and the other fish!

Back
Top Bottom