Zero's 36G Abode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to see that on the occasional leaf on the same plant. I can't recall if it occurred randomly or after making a change (amount of light or duration). The issue appeared to resolve itself over time (leaves filled out and green/brown coloration disappeared).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, its hard to track down what it is exactly...

I see the tops of them are perfect, but dunno about why the mid leaves are spotty..

I was thinking maybe Iron, which I am going to start dosing once a week on top of the CSM+B regardless. I guess I will put another root tab around the base of them too, and see where its at in another week or so.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Upon further inspection (actually getting into the tank), the bottoms of the stems rotted away :( lost the red ludwigia. This sucks... I have a set thats thriving in the 40g, but this 36 lost them.. Maybe not enough light at the base?

They might be prone to overcrowding and over shading. Make sure they have decent spacing. Mine are rather twiggy.

Yeah, could be... Some sites are saying that It could have been clipped wrong "above the node" or not enough nutrients. So I will take a few from the 40 this weekend and trim up the tank, reload root tabs and replant. I'll keep them spaced enough maybe give them the right corner to themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

WC day, did a massive cut back and removal of some plants, reorg'd some plants too. Propogated my ammania gracilis from the mother plant, replanted the new ones and put a few new stems from the mother in the other tank.

Also put some new Ludwigia Red in after the melt of the last batch, moved them closer to the Sat +Pro, and put fresh Ludwigia Broadleaf from my other tank in. Diatoms seem to be chill this week, so its probably on its way out the door *Fingers Crossed*. But GDA has come in pretty strong. I scrubbed the glass today, but if it is back in force by next weekend I may just leave it on the glass for 2-3 weeks and hope that is what will totally remove it.

Started doing an extra dose of Iron for the Ammania, and Ludwigia Red.

AF1QipO75fYkrWyw08SK-rNazH6tPCQG-M_LByATecg0

LEKDB_zh7VZ-y97sr0HLUtFXVVvlBMdZPmBlCMcPNF0=w1327-h995-no

Py2ReDK2E-wHshOeszdEC7NRXXmCw3HCzYk3SDbbMHA=w1327-h995-no

Been two weeks since my last update. Ottos have arrived and diatoms are no more, plant growth came back strong.

I was able to propagate the Bylxia, and my S. Repens are finally coming back to life after I hacked them to the ground. I feel like the tank is on an uptick, hopefully I can keep it at this level.

Also seems GDA has gone away (2 weeks and very little on glass).

L5l_sVYk0XHGoPESY9-T_y1KolBI9BHEKVpWrgKeiP8=w1274-h956-no

MWwddq4P0gq-1LZi3TUw3vmz589QGhj3Xdc4lfxI5WQ=w1274-h956-no

YlMNWimuEqvm8LA1oQzlpd-R_FXd0hI9dMZEKm5TzXk=w1274-h956-no

Is that some of the blyxa you got from me? Tank looks great! What substrate are you using again? Looks similar to mine.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Is that some of the blyxa you got from me? Tank looks great! What substrate are you using again? Looks similar to mine.

Yep, I was able to spilt some out of the 40 and what I had originally that was beat has grown really well.

Flourite Black Sand

Looking good over there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good to know its growing well for you too. Mine is almost out of control again!

Your substrate looks like mine because it is haha!

This tank is looking great, as is the 40b. Keep up the good work, man!

It's a good substrate, my only worry is it compacting too tight? Dunno its growing well though!

My two cories ensure nothing compacts too tight. They dig up fertilizer and plants daily!

I know it's not an attractive option for some but you could add a couple MTS to burrow in there. Just don't over feed and you'll be in pretty good shape.

Back
Top Bottom