Ziggy953's 150 Build errrr....120 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you'll need a wetsuit to reach the back corners. Hope you have a good set of lungs

LOL....To make matters worse or better I'm not sure which yet. The overall height of the tank stand and canopy will be 80". The top of the tank will be at 68" high. So you think it will be tough reaching the back corner? HA it will be tough reaching the anywhere in side this monster. I have a ladder and as long as my waist is at the top of the tank I can reach any point inside.

I'm getting ready to drill the 3 holes for a closed loop. I'm waiting on the rock to get here so I can get it rinsed off and ready for tomorrow. I'm making more SW as well. By the time I'm ready to fill the new tank I should have about 200g of new SW mixed and ready to go.

I'm off to drill some glass.....

same tank im planning on... and its 250lbs dry?... wow... more than i expected... i better make some strong friends fast hahaha... looks good man... ill have to make my own build log and take pics when i get mine...

I'll be waiting for the pics of you inside with your legs pointing str8 up. Be sure to smile

Outta curiosity, why the 48 skyscraper and not a more lateral? Better for the fish, no?

dont wanna hijack the thread but for me... i only have a 4ft wall to work with and thats the biggest tank that is 4 ft long that i could find... i dont care about the height myself... worth the extra work to have a 150 gallons imo

Well, I would rather have a 6'+ tank but this one was FREE so I'm not going to complain. The stand I have was built for a 110 (4'tank) and I always over build things so it will handle this tank. My canopy I built to fit a larger tank so it will work on this as well. The stand is 52LX25WX38H the canopy is 52x25X12. Things tend to work out rather funny sometimes.

I had to take a break drilling. I have all three holes started and one is almost finished. I have to get this done before I leave for work in 2 hours.....

Skip work and keep working on the tank ;)
That is your new job. When you finish the tank you can go back to making money to pay for it all :lol:

agreed... quit slacking zig... i wanna see how much better this is going to look than mine hahaha

you have given me an idea tho... i planned on a black background with tahitian moon sand... but now i just might paint it instead... seems like less hassle than a background

Well I didn't get all the holes drilled so that will have to wait until tomorrow. My rock got here just a few minutes ago. I've got it out of the box and will take some pics of it tomorrow and post them. I have a lot to do and I have to get headed to work. I'm going to swing by the LFS (BRK) on my way to work and pick up some bulkheads and a few other things I need.

Looks good so far. I'm sure if you just explain to work that your setting up a new tank they will under stand and give you some time off. I mean we all understand here so why wouldn't they? : )

LOL...Yeah I don't think they care too much about my fish tanks though I do talk about them a lot while I'm at work.

lol you sound like me, people call me the fish guy, i never shut up about fish
LOL...Yeah I don't think they care too much about my fish tanks though I do talk about them a lot while I'm at work.

Jeeze Ziggy.....I just get into reading this thread and you leave me hanging to go to work...... :p

Pictures coming soon??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom